Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 29, 2018

If You Plant It, They Will Come....

In my last blog post, I mentioned that I had been doing some planting in the garden. When I got home from work today, I took a stroll around the garden so see how things were doing and if anything sustained any damage from the strong storms we had yesterday and last night.

Luckily, there was no damage.  Also, I was thrilled to note that there were several bees enjoying the perennial Salvia.  It didn't take them long to find it :-)



I thought I'd share some photos that I took - they make me so happy :-)


As always, if you click on any of the photos, it will enlarge and you will be able to see the bees more clearly.



Did you know that June 18-24, 2018 has been designated National Pollinator Week? Several states have also proclaimed a State Pollinator Week (Texas hasn't -- yet).


The Pollinator Partnership website has information about pollination for farmers and gardeners, as well as fun stuff - how to build a bee condo, how kids can help pollinators and more.

There's also information about how to contact your governor to ask them to proclaim a State Pollinator Week, including contact information for the various state governors' offices and a sample letter or phone script to get you started.


Words and photographs by Jayne Wilson, Green and Serene, Jayne's Country Garden.

1 comment:

Dorothy Borders said...

Salvia is such a nice choice for a pollinator garden. I find that bees will go for any kind that I provide them.