Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 19, 2011

For Rent: Desirable Residence, UPDATE

 It's official -- we have a Carolina Chickadee nesting in the bird house hanging in the Vitex tree.

I've seen her fly in and out a couple of times and when  I look in there (from a discreet distance) I can see her on the nest.

I tried taking a pic with my zoom lens but you can't see anything just a black hole.

I'm looking forward to seeing the babies when they fledge. I'll keep you posted


Words and photographs by Jayne Wilson, Green and Serene, Jayne's Country Garden.

4 comments:

meemsnyc said...

That's so great that you have a resident!

Corner Gardener Sue said...

What a fun addition to the garden! We need critters around, and it's good to provide things they need.

Enjoy your 85 degrees tomorrow. I'm hoping we get up to 71, like we're supposed to tomorrow.

Lemon Lane Studio said...

I've never had a nester before. What fun! Happy Spring!

Kathleen Scott said...

How much fun! Looking forward to seeing the new family in your blog.