Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Now and Then - How Far We've Come

 As I was playing around with my new camera, I noticed a setting called Panorama, so I decided to play with it.  

It allows you to take 3 side by side photos and once you take one, it shows you the edge of it on the display screen, making it easy to line up the next photo. Edited to add:  Once you have taken the three images, the camera knits them together in one wide panoramic view.



I took this panoramic photo of our back garden as it is today.


You can click on the photo to see a larger version of it.


And now, a couple of photos I took when we first moved in.  Gotta love that expanse of wall and the wall to wall sod! 




The builder did at least try to hide the utility boxes.  Most of these bushes ended up dying and I found the little white trellis as the perfect cover up for that corner.




Unfortunately, most of the trees on the other side of the wall have ended up dying as well.  When we moved in, we had quite the forest out there.  Now, not so much.  But we're doing our part to replace the lost habitat on our side of the wall.

Here's the panoramic photo again. 




I think I'll do one of these each month, not necessarily for my blog, but for my own personal record of what is happening in the garden.  I think it will be interesting to look back on in a couple of years.

Also - I just had a great thought.  Eric and I are going home to England on vacation in May.  This feature will be awesome for capturing some sweeping landscape scenes.  Oooh, now I'm getting inspired!


Words and photographs by Jayne Wilson, Green and Serene, Jayne's Country Garden.

4 comments:

Corner Gardener Sue said...

What a fun feature to have on your camera! It will be good to see changes over time.

BernieH said...

It certainly will be a great way to keep track of the even changing scene out there. You've already made a big improvement on the landscape.

Dorothy Borders said...

Very interesting. What great progress you've made with your garden. And I look forward to seeing those panoramic views of England.

Rosie@leavesnbloom said...

That's a useful feature on the camera and a good monthly reference from the same part of the garden.