Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Hummingbird in the Sun

I was so happy when I snapped this photo earlier today. We've seen what appears to be a pair of hummingbirds zipping around the garden for the past few days, but I never have the camera handy.

At breakfast this morning, I caught movement out of the corner of my eye and realized it was a hummer at the bottom of the garden.  Luckily, by the time I grabbed the camera, positioned myself at the back door and zoomed in to the feeder, I caught her just as she was landing to check it out.


Unfortunately, since that time I have spent a frustrating morning being frustrated by technology.

Let me explain.. For my birthday, my husband bought me a new iMac with a 27 inch monitor, which I love. 

However, some tasks that used to be simple on my old iMac don't seem to work quite the same way on the new one and I spent a frustrating morning trying to figure out how to edit the photo, add my watermark and save it for the web.

Hubby came to the rescue like a knight in shining armor and all is well with the world.


Words and photographs by Jayne Wilson, Green and Serene, Jayne's Country Garden.

3 comments:

BernieH said...

I'm glad you got your issues sorted and your photo posted as it's a great shot.

Dorothy Borders said...

The iMac is a wonderful tool - as you already know. Enjoy your new one.

Corner Gardener Sue said...

Hi Jayne,
Congratulations on your new computer. I hope things go more smoothly with it now. I don't even know how to put a watermark on photos. I should see about learning that.

I'm glad you were able to get the photo of the hummingbird. I have seen one so far, only once. I enjoyed scrolling down and seeing some of your blooms. We have sedge here, too, but it doesn't seem to be as thick this year.