Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Wildlife Wednesday

I was putting out bird seed today and became aware of a sound I haven't heard in a while - that wonderful summer sound of gently buzzing bees.

I was standing by the Savannah holly in the Bird Bath Garden and looked down to see it covered in little blooms which were being visited by three or four bees.





I got this photo of one of them (you can click on the photo for a larger view).  

I'm not up on my bees, so I'm not sure if it's a honey bee or something else. But whichever type it is, it's very welcome in our garden.  And it can invite it's friends too -- enter and pollinate!
 



Words and photographs by Jayne Wilson, Green and Serene, Jayne's Country Garden.

2 comments:

BernieH said...

Wonderful sight! We're so very lucky here as we get to see bees of some type or other pretty much all year round. It's something we rather take for granted.

Dorothy Borders said...

I see native bees - especially large carpenter bees and bumblebees - in my garden on a regular basis. I've seen only a few honeybees so far this year, but bees of all species are always welcome here.